The expected downtime with this procedure is 24-48 hr, although certain people may take longer time to heal. The results are seen immediately after with dramatic improvement seen months ahead after collagen stimulation process starts.
The PDO (Polydioxanone) thread lift and Smoothing uses bio absorbable surgical sutures placed into the subdermal layer of the skin to initiate collagen production. The procedure can result in increased firmness and elasticity of the skin in the treated area. The PDO lift procedure is effective in most cases, however, the benefits of the procedure are strictly individual. Although PDO lift may not correct all of the facial/body laxity, it has become a minimally invasive alternative to traditional facelifts for patients who are not ready to undergo a surgical procedure.
PDO threads come in a variety of textures for customized purposeful treatments.3 main purposes of the threads are lifting lax skin/tissues, strengthening tissues to fight skin creppeyness, and volumizing hollowness while also improving skin texture.Depending on your concern the provider will choose appropriate threads and amount to be used.
The most popular areas to be treated with PDO threads for lifting results are:
- Eye brows (Fox Eye lift effect)
- Lower face lift to smooth away nasolabial folds and jowls
- Neck lift to tighten the jawline and decrease submental laxity
The most popular areas to be treated with PDO threads for volumizing tissues are:
- Vermillion border of the lips for crisp border definition
- Nasolabial folds as an alternative to filler
- Marionette lines area as an alternative to filler
The most popular areas to be treated with PDO threads for strengthening skin and improving texture and skin quality are:
- Undereyes to thicken skin and help crepeyness
- Top lip to smooth away fine lines aka smokers lines
- Front of the neck
- Decolette area
- Any body area such as stomach, top of the knees, buttocks in need of firmness and elasticity
Contact RIVKIN Aesthetics today to schedule your consultation.