It is no surprise that aging comes with a physical decline of our bodies and its tissues. When it comes to the skin, both men and women experience sagging or loose skin as collagen and elastin are depleted. While we often focus on the negative impact that aging skin can have on our facial appearance, females can also suffer from emotional and functional setbacks of skin laxity within the vagina. Vaginal laxity is a common condition for women, but you don’t have to suffer in silence. At Rivkin Aesthetics, we proudly offer non-surgical treatment for vaginal laxity to instantly revitalize your most private parts and restore your self-confidence as a woman.
What Causes Vaginal Laxity?
At Rivkin Aesthetics, we recognize that sagging tissues in the vaginal region can develop for various reasons, including the following:
- Aging: As women age, the tissues in the vaginal area lose their elasticity and become less firm, which can lead to vaginal laxity.
- Childbirth: The process of giving birth can cause significant stretching and trauma to the vaginal tissues, which can result in vaginal laxity. Multiple pregnancies and vaginal deliveries can increase the risk of developing vaginal laxity.
- Hormonal changes: Fluctuations in estrogen levels can lead to changes in the vaginal tissues, including decreased elasticity and firmness.
- Genetics: Some women may be predisposed to vaginal laxity due to genetic factors, such as connective tissue disorders.
- Obesity: Being overweight or obese can put pressure on the pelvic area, leading to weakened pelvic muscles and vaginal laxity.
- Certain medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as pelvic organ prolapse, can lead to vaginal laxity.
- Certain medications: Certain medications such as corticosteroids or hormonal treatments can affect the elasticity of vaginal tissues.
If you are a woman, it is no surprise that vaginal laxity can have a significant impact on your quality of life, regardless of your age. Fortunately, there are quick and painless treatment options to improve vaginal tightness at Rivkin Aesthetics in Beverly Hills.
The Consequences of a Loose Vagina
The loss of vaginal tightness and firmness, or vaginal laxity, can have several disadvantages towards your physical comfort as well as your quality of life, including:
Reduced sexual satisfaction: Vaginal laxity can result in decreased friction during intercourse, leading to reduced sexual satisfaction for both partners.
- Urinary incontinence: Weak vaginal muscles can lead to urinary incontinence, which is the involuntary leakage of urine.
- Decreased self-confidence: Vaginal laxity can cause embarrassment and decreased self-confidence, leading to a negative impact on a woman’s overall quality of life.
- Discomfort or pain during intercourse: Loose vaginal tissues can cause discomfort or pain during intercourse, leading to decreased sexual desire and satisfaction.
- Difficulty achieving orgasm: Vaginal laxity can make it harder for women to achieve orgasm, which can affect sexual satisfaction and overall well-being.
- Pelvic organ prolapse: Women with vaginal laxity are at increased risk of developing pelvic organ prolapse, a condition in which pelvic organs, such as the bladder or uterus, fall out of place and protrude into the vaginal canal.
Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
Rivkin Aesthetics proudly offers non-surgical treatment for vaginal laxity using ThermiVu. ThermiVu is a non-surgical treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to tighten and rejuvenate the vaginal tissues. The ThermiVu procedure is typically performed in our Beverly Hills office and takes around 30 minutes to complete. During the procedure, a small probe is inserted into the vagina, and radiofrequency energy is applied to the vaginal tissues. The energy heats up the tissues, which stimulates collagen production and tightens the vaginal walls. Underlying vaginal muscles can be tightened and moisture can be restored with this advanced treatment. Patients generally report little to no discomfort during the procedure and there is no associated downtime. For optimal results in vaginal tightening, a few treatment sessions may be necessary.
To learn more about ThermiVu treatment for vaginal laxity, please call our experts at Rivken Aesthetics. We recognize the importance of using cutting-edge technology to improve your confidence in your own skin, even when it involves your most intimate regions.